For the first time in franchise history, we are giving fans the opportunity to put their favorite player on the front of select FIFA 16 covers. From June 16 until July 5, all FIFA players can help decide who joins Lionel Messi on the cover of the game in Australia, France, Latin America, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
WHO ARE WE VOTING FOR?
Each of the five participating regions have a certain number of eligible athletes that can be featured alongside global cover athlete, Lionel Messi.
- Kyah Simon – Australian Women’s National Team
- Steph Catley – Australian Women’s National Team
- Katrina Gorry – Australian Women’s National Team
- Raphaël Varane – Real Madrid (Spain)
- Antoine Griezmann – Atlético Madrid (Spain)
- Alexandre Lacazette – Olympique Lyonnais (France)
- Blaise Matuidi – Paris Saint-Germain (France)
- Sergio Agüero – Manchester City (England)
- Claudio Bravo – FC Barcelona (Spain)
- Edinson Cavani – Paris Saint-Germain (France)
- Juan Cuadrado – Chelsea (England)
- Jose Rondon – Zenit St. Petersburg (Russia)
- Carlos Zambrano – Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany)
- Hugo Ayala – Tigres
- Marco Fabian – Chivas
- Hiram Mier – Rayados de Monterrey
- Eduardo Herrera – Pumas
- Diego De Buen – Pachuca
- Moisés Muñoz – Club América
- Christian Gimenez – Cruz Azul
- Javier Orozco – Santos Laguna
- Sergio Agüero – Manchester City
- Thibaut Courtois – Chelsea FC
- Jordan Henderson – Liverpool FC
- Harry Kane – Tottenham Hotspur
HOW DOES THE VOTING WORK?
You vote by visiting the respective country voting pages. From there, select the player you want on the cover, confirm your choice and your vote has been cast.
Each vote you cast is worth one (1) point, you can vote like this once a day until the voting closes on July 5.
There are a few ways to cast additional votes:
- Every time you vote you can share your support on Twitter. When you do this, you give your favorite player an extra 10 points.
- You can also give them more points by playing FIFA 15. When you vote for your player through the portal, you will be given the option to link your Origin ID. Once linked, actions you perform in FIFA 15 will go towards your player.
- Points earned through FIFA 15:
- .5 point for every game you play in FIFA 15, regardless of mode
- .5 point for every game you win in FIFA 15, regardless of mode
- .25 point for every goal you score in FIFA 15, regardless of mode
- Points from in-game play are rewarded regardless of the clubs, players or modes you choose. You must have your Origin ID linked in order to earn points this way.
WHAT IS MY ORIGIN ID?
Your Origin ID is the same login you use to access other online features for FIFA 15 such as the FUT Web-App or Pro Clubs. All users of EA SPORTS titles should already have an Origin ID. If you don't, please click here to create one.
CAN ANYONE VOTE?
Yes! Even if your region isn't involved in the cover vote, you can still participate in all aspects of the vote (visiting the voting portals and by linking your account & playing FIFA 15). Just remember that each vote region is separate. If you want to lend your support to multiple campaigns, remember to visit each page to make your selection.
WHEN ARE THE COVER WINNERS ANNOUNCED?
Voting for the FIFA 16 cover ends on July 5 for all regions. We will reveal the winners and the actual covers on July 8. Stay tuned for more information as we approach this date.
From Clinical Finishing to the addition of Women's National Teams, learn more about all the key features coming this September to FIFA 16.
Pre-order your copy today.